Our first Discourse! episode for the season features host Emily D. Crews, who is joined by long-time friends of the RSP, Richard Newton and Theo Wildcroft. This excellent and wide-ranging episode addresses present issues of history and identity, social activism and new religious movements, doulas and abortion rights, and much, much more! You won’t want to miss it. Be sure to tune in and check out the video episode!
Articles discussed in the episode:
- “Abortion doulas look to spiritual rituals as they brace for increased demand“
- “Atonement as Activism“
- “How Social Justice Became a New Religion: Our Society Is Becoming Less Religious. Or Is It?“
- “Is History History?: Identity Politics and Technologies of the Present“
- “How Ireland’s Hare Krishna Island went from dream to folly to recovery“
- “Japan PM’s popularity dives over party links to Unification church“