Fancy trying your hand at an interview? Attended a particularly awful conference lately? Think that the world of Religious Studies needs to hear more about your research? Or just feel like getting in touch?
The RSP works because of the contributions and generosity of the Religious Studies community:
- We feature regular written pieces in response to our weekly podcast, and are always looking for new writers to add to our pool. On a more sporadic basis, we also feature book reviews, conference reports and other opinion pieces and articles. If you think you might have something to add, it can’t hurt to get in touch. Can it?
- If you fancy getting behind the microphone, we are always willing to entertain suggestions for future interviews – whether you think you should be interviewed, or we should interview someone else, or you would like to be doing the interviewing. Don’t keep these ideas to yourselves!
- The RSP team started out with just two people, and we have now expanded to a core editorial team of ten, with dozens of international contributors from within Religious Studies and beyond. Whether you think that you could serve as an addition to the current RSP format, or you have skills which could help take us into new and unexplored directions, you might as well let us know. What’s the worst that could happen?
- Perhaps you want to promote a conference? Or know of a journal that we aren’t currently listing in among our resources? We always hope that you will help promote the RSP, so why shouldn’t we help you?
- We are human, after all. We make mistakes. We like to hear praise. If you have any comments, criticisms, suggestions, ideas that you wish to get off your chest, it will be best for us all if you let us know.
If you wish to get in touch, for whatever reason, you can contact the editors via email (editors<at>religiousstudiesproject.com), Twitter (@ProjectRS), Facebook (Religious Studies Project), or by adding a public comment below.
If you have any material for our weekly opportunities digest – publication announcements, calls for papers etc – please send an email to oppsdigest<at>religiousstudiesproject.com.
Just found out about your site through the Dept of Theology & Religious Studies at University of Wales Trinity Saint David. It is fabulous and I’m wondering if there is a way to subscribe? Thank you!
Great Nancy! You can subscribe through iTunes, with RSS, on Facebook, or through email – whatever suits. There are buttons in a box at the top of the homepage.
Love the transcriptions! Thanks so much. I remember emailing you all about a year ago making this request so that I could assign some of the transcribed podcasts to students of mine where English is a second or third language.
Any chance I can get you to transcribe the podcast of Orsi on Otto? That’s one of my favorites.
That’s great news… Will ask Martin to prioritize the Orsi podcast. Cheers, Chris
Really discouraged that you did bot include any young scholars of color in your dissertation to book article. Why?
We’re very concerned with diversity at the RSP and have been certainly trying to improve, but obviously this podcast has flagged up a particular “whiteness” in our output. The simple answer is that this simply passed us by. We still work too much to the “record on the fly” model of podcasting, rather than planning to ensure the best and most representative output possible. We have been gradually taking steps to improve diversity across the site as a whole, but we are well aware we have a long way to go and will re-double these efforts. Thanks for posting.