A very special episode of the podcast this week, to mark the beginning of our annual summer hiatus.
For the past year, I (David) have kept a file where all the little amusing bits that didn’t make it into the weekly episodes got put. Sometimes, this was because of restraints of time, but more often they were simply too ‘scandalous’. I broadcast them here with that proviso. (I should also mention that they became far fewer when the others began to realise what I was up to…)
But before that, Chris, Louise and I got together to look back at the past year for the RSP. What have we learned? What worked and what didn’t? And we look to the future, and next year’s plans.
We’d love to hear from you, the listeners, about you liked this year, and what you’d like to see more of. Or less of. Episodes like this, for example.
We’ll be back in September. Thanks for listening.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
You can also download this podcast, and subscribe to receive it weekly, on iTunes. And if you enjoyed it, please take a moment to rate us, or use our Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com link to support us when buying your important books etc.
Just to give you an idea of what the academic year 2012/13 meant for the RSP, here is a list of all the podcasts we released. Summer listening, perhaps?
- Material Religion, David Morgan
- Why are Women more Religious than Men? Marta Trzebiatowska
- Religion, Space and Locality, Kim Knott
- Digital Religion, Tim Hutchings
- Non-religion, Lois Lee
- American Millennialism, J. Gordon Melton
- Western Esotericism, Wouter Hanegraaf
- Druidry and the Definition of Religion, Suzanne Owen
- The Sacred, Gordon Lynch
- Rudolf Otto, Robert Orsi
- Zen Buddhist Terrorism and Holy War, Brian Victoria
- Book Reviews I, David Wilson, Christopher Cotter, Jonathan Tuckett, David Robertson
- Astrology, Nicholas Campion
- Who joins New Religious Movements? James R. Lewis
- Religion in the 2011 UK Census, George Chryssides, Christopher Cotter, David Roberston, Teemu Taira, Bettina Schmidt, Beth Singler
- Five Lectures on Atheism and Secularity from the NSRN, Jonathan Lanman, Callum Brown, Humeira Iqtidar, Monika Wohlrab-Sahr, Grace Davie
- **Christmas Special 2012** – Only Sixty Seconds, Steven Sutcliffe, David Wilson, Ethan Quillen, Jonathan Tuckett
- Biblical Studies and Religious Studies, Dale Martin
- Mormonism, Growth and Decline, Ryan Cragun
- The ‘Persistence’ and ‘Problem’ of Religion, Douglas Pratt
- Sociotheology and Cosmic War, Mark Juergensmeyer
- Religion and Globalization, Peter Beyer
- The World Religions Paradigm, James Cox
- Faith Development Theory, Heinz Streib
- Religious Experience, Ann Taves
- Personality Types, Mandy Robbins
- Talking “Religiously”: Part 1, Bruno Latour
- Talking “Religiously”: Part 2, Bruno Latour
- Religion and the Media, Teemu Taira
- Spiritual Tourism, Alex Norman
- Religion and the Law, Winnifred F. Sullivan
- Religion and the News, Eileen Barker, Tim Hutchings, Christopher Landau, David Wilson
- Teaching Religious Studies Online, Doe Daughtrey
- Situational Belief, Martin Stringer
- Mysticism, Ralph Hood
- Religion and the Built Environment, Peter Collins
- Serpent Handling, Paul WIlliamson
- Religion in a Networked Society, Heidi Campbell
You’ll find a lot more – including roundtable discussions and our weekly features essays in our archive.